How to sponsor my mother as student in Germany?

Ahmad

I want to sponsor my mother to Germany as a student but don't know how can i do it? Because she will be alone and I'm worried and I'm from Pakistan so the Islamabad embassy is already taking 2-3 years for giving appointments please someone suggest me what to do? Should i move to another country?

Luka

DeExpats.com
Staff member
Masterminds
Hey @Ahmad!

I understand your situation and it’s commendable that you want to support your mother. Here’s some information that might help:

Bringing Your Mother to Germany: As a non-German studying in Germany, you’re allowed to bring your family members to live with you at least during the study period, but both parts must meet some requirements. However, German law does not honor the notion that children support their parents in person. Therefore, it might be challenging to sponsor your mother as a student.

Requirements for Family Reunion Visa: The following basic preconditions must be met for the purpose of bringing the qualifying family members in Germany, while you’re studying as a foreigner:
  • Sufficient Living Money: You must possess enough financial resources to cover the living costs of yourself and of any joining relative.
  • Adequate Living Place: You won’t be able to bring your relatives if you fail to have the right space in Germany to accommodate yourself and any joining family member.
  • Age Requirement: Your parent can join you only if you are in need of their care during your studies here as a minor.
Alternatives to Germany for Studying Abroad from Pakistan: If you’re considering other countries for studying abroad, some popular destinations for Pakistani students include the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, and Malaysia. Each country has its own visa and immigration policies.

Remember, each country has its own visa and immigration policies. It’s important to research thoroughly and consider seeking advice from immigration experts or legal advisors. Good luck!

Last edited: